– Flat screwdriver
– Long thin rod(batten)
1. Remove both endcaps from the rear beam.
2. Install the 16mm blocks on both endcaps.
3. Knot one end of the (port) chicken line to the shock cord with two bowlines.
4. Knot the other end of the chicken line to the shackle with a bowline and install the shackle to the outside hole at the upper gudgeon on the port side.
5. Feed the shock cord (where the port chicken line is tied to) through the hole in the port endcap.
6. Pull the shock cord to the other side with a long thin rod. Take a close look at the drawing, the line/shock cord is crossing the beam diagonally.
7. Feed the shock cord through the 16mm block from top to bottom.
8. Pull the shock cord to the other side and feed it through the 16mm block from bottom to top.
9. Tie the starboard line with a bowline to the shackle and install the shackle to the outside hole at the upper gudgeon on the starboard side.
10. Finally, pull the shock cord diagonal to the starboard side (at this point there is a lot of tension on the shock cord) and knot it to the starboard line with two bowlines, make sure you feed the line through the endcap.