What goes up must come down. Here are some tips to help you take down the mainsail.
1. Un-tread the tack and cunningham from the sail and remove the DS battens.
2. Pull on the main halyard to raise the mainsail.
3. Twist the mast 60 degrees while still having tension on the main halyard.
4. Pull the mainsail down.
5. Gently lower the mainsail. Rolling the sail as you go.
- Prevent the sail from folding!
- Always roll your mainsail top down with the top batten taken out.
- To keep your sails in good condition you must let your sails dry after sailing!