– Long nose plier
1. Grease the spreader tip
2. Screw the spreader tip in the forward spreader bar. The spreader tip must be inserted at least 1cm! We will set the spreader rake in the next chapter.
3. Assemble the two spreader bars using the clevis pins 3/16 x 5/8.
4. Take the spreader tip cover and a monel-wire piece. Wind the wire around the spreader arm and put the two ends through the cover. Slide the cover over the spreader arm.
5. Attach the spreader to the mast with the spreader tip facing forward.
6. Slide the diamond wires into the slots of the spreaders.
7. Twist the wire ends around each side of the diamond wire. Twist the two ends into each other.
8. Cut off the excess monel wire and ensure it is bent neatly onto the diamond wires to prevent the wire from tearing the sails.
9. Use self-amalgamating tape to tape the spreader ends and the pins and rings